Happy Friday! Hope you’ve had a good week and have plans for a great weekend. I just looked down at my list of things I need to tell you, and there’s a ton! So let’s get right to it!
- Just a reminder to all CLASSIC CHRISTIANS that we’re not meeting tonight. We changed our March meeting to a week later, on Friday, March 23rd, because our guest speakers aren’t available tonight. So mark your calendars for next Friday night!
- The PROM BOUTIQUE will be open tomorrow morning from 10:30 until noon for any young woman looking for a beautiful, no-cost, prom dress. Spread the word!
- On Sunday morning, I’ll offer the fifth installment in my Lenten sermon series, “Willing to Pay the Price,” entitled “Extravagant Love.” We’ll look together at the story of Mary, the sister of Martha and Lazarus, anointing Jesus with priceless perfume. We’ll be treated to the music of our Handbell and Chancel Choirs. And I can’t tell you what the last hymn will be, but it’s a favorite of a lot of people in the church, so don’t miss it!
- On Wednesday, March 21st the men of the church will have their Monthly Men’s Breakfast at the Elkton Diner at 6:30 am – all men are invited!
- On Thursday, March 22nd, our Cub Scout Pack 443 is having a “Dining Out Day” at Cuzino’s (formerly Nino’s). A flyer for the event will be in Sunday’s bulletin, and you’ll need to present the flyer (whether you eat in at lunch or dinner, take out, or have something delivered). A portion of the proceeds of the day’s business will go to the Pack.
- Sunday, March 25 is Palm/Passion Sunday. That day, at both services, our Chancel Choir will present their Lenten cantata. At noon, our children and their families will enjoy the annual Easter Egg Hunt after lunch in Weldin Hall (sign-up sheet is on the bulletin board across from the church office). And our church cookbook will be on sale after both services in the hospitality area ($12).
Looking way ahead!
- We’ll be having another BLOOD DRIVE. It will take place on Sunday, April 15th, from 8 am until noon in Weldin Hall. You can sign up to donate, or help with the drive, on Sundays, April 1st and 8th during the hospitality hour after both services.
- If you’d like to learn about Camp Pecometh and the opportunities your child could have there this summer, you’re invited to a presentation on Sunday, April 15th at 9:45 in the sanctuary. A representative from Pecometh will be with us that day.
- Our church will have a team walking in the Brain Tumor Walk on the Riverfront in Wilmington on Saturday, April 21st. If you’d like to participate with the team, email Mike Foster at email@example.com.
- If you’re interested in joining Elkton UMC, there will be a New Member Orientation Class on Sunday, April 15th in Weldin Hall at 12:30 pm. To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Stewardship Committee needs a favor from you. They’re looking for pictures of creation to use on Earth Day. We know the congregation is filled with wonderful photographers, so please send your pictures to email@example.com no later than April 8th. Questions? Contact Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A new committee is being formed in our church around social justice issues. It will be called “The Church and Society” Committee. If this is an area of interest to you, and you’d like to serve on this new committee, please send an email to me at email@example.com. The nominating committee is meeting next Thursday night, so if you can email me before that, that would be great!
- Finally, a great big THANK YOU to all of you for your generous giving to the United Methodist Committee on Relief last week on UMCOR Sunday. In just one day, you gave over $7000! If you didn’t get a chance to give, it’s not too late. Simply make a check out to Elkton UMC and write UMCOR on the memo line!
Phew! I think that’s it! I warned you ahead of time there was a lot to say, so thanks for bearing with me. It’s an exciting time in the church with lots going on!
Have a great day today! And have a really great weekend! I hope you have plans to do something fun, or at least you’ll take time to put your feet up for a while. Spend time with those you love, and then I’ll see you on Sunday morning in worship! Can’t wait!
Grace and Peace,