Here’s what’s happening:
- - The JOY OF FAITH weekend is here. Everything kicks off tomorrow morning with prayer breakfasts to wrap the weekend in prayer. We’re having five prayer breakfasts in locations far and wide, and so far, I think there are close to 75 people planning to attend! If you still want to take part in one, email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what location you can attend.
- - The JOY OF FAITH dinner is at 5 pm in Weldin Hall and there are still a few tickets available if you want to pay at the door.
- - Our first JOF presenter, former Philadelphia Eagle Kevin Reilly will speak at 7 pm in the sanctuary about his life’s journey from professional athlete to cancer survivor and thriver! His story is incredibly inspirational, so please make it a point to invite others to come with you on Saturday night! By the way, NURSERY IS AVAILABLE that night. Also – Kevin has written a book about his journey and copies will be on sale that night.
- - On Sunday morning, our second presenter, former Philadelphia Phillie Dickie Noles will speak at both services. Dickie was a pitcher for eleven years in the major leagues, and now works for the Phillies in the front office. He battled alcohol addiction and is now a born-again Christian who helps others battle addiction. His is an inspirational story as well, so you won’t want to miss hearing him at either the 8:30 or 11:00 service.
- A couple of reminders:
- We’re still looking for goodies to put into the next College Care Packages going out mid-February. Please bring your donations of things like granola bars, candy, cookies, snacks, etc. to the collection bin in the Welcome Center area.
- We’re also looking for people to help with the Rotating Homeless Shelter the first week of March. Sign up to help by host/hostessing or staying overnight on the poster on the Missions bulletin board in the Hospitality Area.
- Don’t forget that the choir is looking for singers to join them in preparing and presenting their Lenten cantata in March. They rehearse the cantata on Wednesday nights from 7 – 7:45 pm.
- Before we know it, the season of Lent begins (Ash Wednesday, February 14th). We’ll be having a Lenten Lunch and Learn study again, on Wednesdays at noon, starting February 21st. There will be a sign-up sheet in this Sunday’s bulletin.
I think that’s about it for now. It’s going to be a great weekend! I’m so excited that we have these two great speakers, and I’m so hoping that we’ll have a lot of people in attendance – especially young people!
Of course, what better way to top off the weekend than the Super Bowl on Sunday night! You know where my heart is – so FLY EAGLES FLY! It’s time for a new Super Bowl champion to be crowned, and for a parade down Broad Street!!
Have a great Friday, and an even greater weekend! It’s going to be busy, but it’s going to be filled with the joy of faith! I can’t wait to experience it with you!
Grace and Peace,