Happy Friday! Hope you’ve had a good week and have plans for a great weekend! Even though there was a freeze warning last night, wasn’t it a beautiful week for the flowering trees all around us? The beautiful pink cherry tree behind the parsonage is right outside my office window, and this time of year, when it’s blossoming, it’s just breathtaking! Take time to stop and enjoy all these beautiful sights with which God surrounds us each spring!
Speaking of beautiful sights on the earth, take a look at what’s happening this weekend on which we celebrate Earth Day!
- Tomorrow morning, a team of walkers from Elkton UMC will participate in the 2018 Delaware Brain Tumor Walk on the Riverfront in Wilmington. I just checked out the website, and discovered that our team is just short of meeting their financial goal for the walk, so if you have a minute and can contribute, go to the EUMC team page at “Delaware Brain Tumor Walk 2018” website, click on “Donate Now." Let’s help them make their goal! Thanks to all who are taking part!
- Also tomorrow morning, the Prom Boutique will be open from 10 am – 12 noon for any young woman looking for a dress for their prom. Spread the word!
- On Sunday, as I said above, we’ll celebrate Earth Day! The choir will sing a special number about God’s creation, we’ll see a video of the beauty of God’s creation through the lenses of some of EUMC’s best photographers, and the bulletin cover will be a creation of one of our Sunday School students, Danielle Rogers. (Also, the Stewardship Committee members will be visiting our children and youth Sunday School classes to help them plant seeds for herbs for their families to use in cooking.) Finally, I’ll be offering the second sermon in my “The Bible Doesn’t Say That” series, this week focusing on the phrase – “Love the sinner, hate the sin.”
- The youth group will meet on Sunday night at 6 pm as usual, but this week they’ll welcome some very special guests – Terri Lokey and Joe Tanner – who are coming to talk about this summer’s mission trip to Costa Rica and invite the youth to be a part of it. Parents are invited to come and hear about it as well.
- Speaking of youth: We’re getting ready to recognize our graduating seniors in early June, so now’s the time to send in photos and information about your graduate. There will be an insert in this Sunday’s bulletin telling all about it.
- Looking ahead to next week: On Thursday morning, April 26th at 8 am a group of Classic Christians and friends take off on their road trip to Norfolk VA for a great weekend of music, parades and activities. Please pray for traveling mercies for them.
- Finally, Wednesday, April 25th is Administrative Professionals Day, so don’t forget to lift a prayer of thanks to God for our wonderful Church Secretary Kay Mortimer! She’s a blessing to all of us, and I couldn’t do what I do without her!
Well, I think that’s it for now. Have a great day, and an even greater weekend! I hope you have some fun things planned, or at least, have some times of relaxation scheduled into your “to do” list! Make sure to spend time with those you love, and then I’ll see you in worship on Sunday morning! Can’t wait!
Grace and Peace,
Link to EUMC Brain Tumor Walk Team: