Happy Friday! Hope you’ve had a great week and are looking forward to an even greater weekend! We’ve got a lot going on at church this weekend, so let’s get right to it!
- - Tomorrow morning is our famous UMW Cookie Walk! You’ll want to arrive early (doors open at 9 am) to get your choice from among the thousands of cookies that have been baked for this great event. Don’t count on being able to buy them on Sunday morning – I have a feeling they might be gone by then! Come and support our wonderful UMW and their missions projects by purchasing cookies on Saturday! Oh, almost forgot – they’ll have great homemade soup and snowflake rolls for sale too! Oops – one more thing – our Communications Committee will be on hand to sell our church cookbook too. It makes a great Christmas gift! It’s going to be a great event – don’t miss it!
- - On Sunday, we’ll celebrate the second Sunday of Advent by lighting two candles on our Advent wreath. I’ll be preaching from the first chapter of the Gospel of Luke, highlighting the stories of Elizabeth and Mary in a sermon entitled “How Can This Be?” And we’ll be treated to music by the Men’s Choir, Steve Gilmore, the Chancel Choir and Paul Humphrey.
- - You’ll have the opportunity to sign up for poinsettias for Christmas Eve or a donation to the UMC’s anti-malaria campaign – both in memory of or in honor of a loved one. Sign up via the bulletin insert. The last day to sign up for this is December 16th.
- - If you took an angel from the Angel Tree project Christmas tree a few weeks ago, don’t forget that your gifts are due back this Sunday! Please put them on the counter across from the Welcome Center.
- - Just a reminder that if you haven’t turned in your 2019 pledge card, it’s not too late. Simply put your filled-out card in the offering plate or drop it by the office. If you didn’t get a card or misplaced it, see me. I’ll get you one from the church office.
- - Also, if you use offering envelopes to give your offering, don’t forget to pick up your 2019 envelopes from the counter across from the Welcome Center. When you pick it up in person, you save the church the expense of sending it through the mail.
- - Speaking of pledges, now is the time to try to catch up with your 2018 pledge, if you’ve fallen behind. I met with Laurie, our Treasurer, the other day and we’re running behind this month, because expenses rose above income. Everyone catching up with their pledges would help take care of that over the next few weeks.
- - On Sunday afternoon at 4 pm, the Cecil County Choral Society will be presenting their Holiday Concert in our sanctuary. They will be joined by a children’s chorus (which includes some of our own youth) and strings as well. If last year is any indication, the room will be packed, so get there early. We’ll have overflow viewing in the Chapel and Hospitality Area.
- - Finally, a reminder to all of the women taking part in January’s Women’s Retreat in Ocean City that your final installment payment is due now. Drop your check off, or send it in, to the church office.
Grace and Peace,