Hi All –
Happy Friday! Hope you’ve had a good week and have plans for a great weekend! I know a lot of you are on vacation or getting ready to go on vacation, so I hope you have a wonderful time getting away from your normal routine and enjoying time with those you love!
For those of us staying around, here’s what’s happening at church:
- On Sunday, I’ll complete my “What I Wish My Friend Knew” sermon series with “You are Special and Needed!” We’ll look at that through the story of Jesus calling his disciples.
- Don’t forget that we’re still collecting Kool Pops to give away at Elkton’s 4th of July fireworks, so you can bring your donations to the table in the Welcome Center. We’re also looking for people to help hand out them on the 4th, so if you’d like to be part of that team, sign up on the sheet across from the Welcome Center.
- Vacation Bible School is getting ever closer. It will be Sunday, July 10th through Thursday, July 14th from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Each evening starts with dinner and then continues on with great Bible stories, activities, music and crafts. Sign-up your child or grandchild via our church website – elktonumc.org, and if you’d like to volunteer to help out at VBS, please contact Katie Sparks at Katharine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking Ahead: Just a reminder that next Sunday – July 3rd – we’ll be having one combined service at 9:45 a.m. as we celebrate “A Service of Prayer and Thanksgiving for Our Nation.” We’ll be blessed to have with us again The Providence Brass! Invite your family, friends and neighbors to come with you to worship that day. It’s going to be great!
- Speaking of great music, as I was just reading The Cecil Whig I was reminded that tomorrow evening at 6 p.m. at Hart’s Church Amphitheater in North East, The US Airmen of Note will be performing. They’re a great military group and always provide an outstanding concert – and best of all is that it’s free! So if you’re looking for something to do tomorrow night, why not head down there?
I think that’s it for now. Have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend! I think we’re supposed to have good weather, so get out and enjoy it. I sure hope it’s going to be beautiful, because I’m in charge of a farewell barbeque for our outgoing District Superintendent Derrick Porter on Sunday, and we have 250 people coming! Cross your fingers!
Anyway, have a great weekend! Find some time to rest and relax even while getting all your chores done. Spend time with those you love, and then I’ll see you in worship on Sunday where I’ll remind you that “You are special and needed!” See you then!
Grace and Peace,