Friday Email for October 16, 2015
Hi All –
Happy chilly Friday! Hope you’ve had a good week and have plans for a great weekend! I know the kids will have a great weekend, since it’s starting today with a day off from school! There’s lots going on all over the place, but don’t be too busy that you don’t stop and see all the beautiful colors of fall – it’s really amazing how much the leaves have changed in the past week or so!
Here’s what’s going on this weekend at church:
- Tonight, at 7 p.m. in Weldin Hall, the Sunday School Fall Festival takes place! It will be a great night for all families of the church. Some of the fun activities will be games, crafts,
music, goodies, and trick-or-treating! Children (and adults) can wear costumes if they’d like. It’s going to be a great night, and Katie Sparks and her crew are ready to welcome you. Come, even if you did not sign up ahead of time.
- Tomorrow at 9 a.m. the Homecoming Dress Boutique opens up again to welcome any young women who need dresses for homecoming. They’ll close around noon, but if those hours don’t work for you, text 443-309-0160 to make an appointment.
- Tomorrow afternoon, from 12 noon to 4:00 p.m., there will be a Knit-a-Thon in Weldin Hall. Paige Laning, one of our youth, is working on her Silver Award in Girl Scouts and this is her project, along with members of the Dorcas Circle. Everyone attending will be knitting squares for Warm-Up America. Come, even if you don’t know how to knit – they’ll teach you. If you didn’t pre-register, email Paige today at firstname.lastname@example.org, so she can have enough materials available.
- On Sunday morning, the sermon series, “Why Go to Church?” continues – this week’s answer is “For Strength, Inspiration and Growth.” We be blessed, also, by having the Melvin Family sing for us during both services, along with the Chancel Choir at 11.
- Also, don’t forget that on Sunday morning, the Harvest Food Festival concludes, as you’re invited to bring your filled-up grocery bags with you as you come to church. A truck will be parked at the back entrance to the church to receive your donations. If you weren’t in church last week, and didn’t get one of the bags with a list on it, don’t worry, just go ahead and buy non-perishable foods to donate. All of the food will be taken over to Immaculate Conception Church after the 11:00 service to fill their food pantry. In the past few years, we’ve given nearly 200 bags of groceries to them – let’s try to top that this year!
- Our “Methodists in Motion” challenge continues, and the good news is that we’re at 24% of our goal! Of course, that means we still have a long way to go, so continue to send in your activity stats to EUMCWalkers@gmail.com or text 443-350-4515.
- Finally, let me remind you that our first week of sponsoring the Rotating Homeless Shelter is drawing ever nearer, and we need lots of help to pull it off. I’ve been putting the sign-up information in my Friday email for the past two weeks, but there hasn’t been a lot of response. Maybe you’re one of the ones thinking that you intend to sign up, but just haven’t gotten to it. Please do so this week. It’s really easy. Just go to signupgenius.com, scroll down and click on the box that says “find a sign-up,” type in email@example.com and there you’ll find the two sign-up sheets. One of them is for active participation, and the other is for donations of food and supplies needed. Please help in any way you can, and sign-up this week if you can.
I think that’s it for now. Bundle up and enjoy this beautiful fall weekend! Find some time for rest and relaxation, spend time with those you love, and then I’ll see you on Sunday morning!
Grace and Peace,