Hi All –
Happy Friday and Happy Fall! What a beautiful morning God has given us! I hope you’ve had a good week and are ready for a great weekend. I, for one, am ready for some downtime after a crazy busy couple of weeks. Plus, I have to store up my energy for the Eagles-Steelers game on Sunday! LOL
Anyway, here’s what’s happening this weekend at church:
- Tonight, the Classic Christians will have their monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. in Weldin Hall. The night begins with a potluck dinner (bring a dish to share) and will continue on with a program by Rich Juergens and Lee Collins on “Collecting.” Both of them are great history buffs and collectors and it will surely be a great program, so all Classic Christians, come on over, even if you haven’t signed up ahead of time.
- On Sunday, I’ll offer the third sermon in my “Not Church as Usual” series. This week it’s “Start with the Story,” which reflects the theme of Christian Education Sunday, which we’ll be celebrating. We’ll present Bibles to our 2nd graders, and recognize our wonderfully dedicated Christian Education teachers and leaders.
- Sunday is also the last day to bring in goodies for the first College Care Package. Those packages will be stuffed at 9:45 in Weldin Hall. If you’d like to help prepare them, just show up in Weldin Hall and the team will be glad to welcome you!
- Also on Sunday, our wonderful Cub Scout Pack 443 will be selling popcorn in the hospitality area. This is their biggest fundraiser of the year, and they count on our support. They’ll have a variety of popcorn flavors and several different size bags for sale. Prizes range from $10-$20. They’ll also accept donations! The money they raise will help pay for their wonderful activities throughout the year, and also provide scholarship money to Scouts who might need it.
A couple of other bits of information:
- The Nominating Committee is getting ready to meet for the first time to put together a slate of nominees for leadership and service in our church in 2017. If you’re interested in serving on a particular committee or in a particular ministry area, we’d like to hear from you. You can send that information to me via my email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As many of you know, our church organ shut down last week – none of the pedals worked, so Sharon had to use the piano instead. The organ is now 82 years old, and we’ve known for some time that we have to do something about it. The need for repairs happens more and more frequently and the costs keep adding up. The Finance Committee met last night and will move forward with looking into the purchase of a new organ. Right now, we’re gathering information about costs/timing/financing, etc., so stay tuned. Over the next few months, you’ll be hearing more about it. In the meantime, we’re trying to patch the organ together, so we can use it again!
I think that’s it for now. Enjoy this beautiful Friday, and the weekend ahead. Take some time for yourself, even while doing all your weekend chores. Spend time with those you love, and then I’ll see you in worship on Sunday!
Grace and Peace,