Hi All –
Happy Friday! Hope you’ve had a good week and have enjoyed this unseasonably warm weather. Looks like things are going to change this weekend, but with that change will come more color change with the leaves, which will be wonderful! The trees around the church and parsonage are just beginning to get some color, so the next week or so should be spectacular!
What a fabulous Sunday we had last week at the church! The Laity Sunday service was really wonderful! If you weren’t able to be with us, you can still watch it through the video on the church’s website (elktonumc.org). The Stewardship Fair was maybe the best one we’ve ever had – great decorations, lots of great displays and presentations, and wonderful fellowship throughout the morning. And the best news of all – over 85 people signed up for ministry interest and participation! Add to all of that the tremendous response you showed to the Harvest Food Festival! Through your generosity, we were able to take 231 bags of groceries to Immaculate Conception Church for their food pantry! I talked to Dottie Fritz at ICC on Monday and she was nearly crying with joy, because not too long before our gift arrived, their shelves were practically empty. So thank you so much for your generous giving, and thanks for your participation in a great Sunday at Elkton UMC!
On to this weekend:
- On Sunday, I’ll offer the fourth sermon in my “Centered Living in an Off-Centered World” sermon series. This week the theme is “How I Think About Money and Possessions,” which I hope will set the stage for all of us to be in prayer and discernment this week about the financial pledges we’ll make next Sunday for 2017.
- This Sunday’s worship will also have a few other highlights: We’ll take the opportunity to recognize our wonderful acolytes at both services. We’ll also be treated, for the first time this fall, to the music of both our Children’s Choir and Handbell Choir! Can’t wait to hear them both!
- Also on Sunday, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to help with our upcoming Spaghetti Dinner (Saturday, November 5th) by helping to prepare the meal and set up, serving at the dinner, or providing baked goods for the bake sale. There will be an insert in the bulletin all about it.
- Don’t forget that you can also pick up an Operation Christmas Child shoe box if you want to participate in that ministry this year. This is a wonderful way to help children in need have a Christmas! The boxes are on the counter in the Welcome Center area.
- Also don’t forget that on Saturday, October 29th at 6:30 the Sunday School department is sponsoring a “Fall Fest” to which everyone is invited! There will be crafts, music, games and much more. To participate, sign up on the sheet posted on the bulletin board across from the church office.
I think that’s it for now. So have a great Friday and an even greater weekend! Take some time off to rest and relax even while you try to get your “to do” list done. Make sure to spend time with those you love. And then I’ll see you in worship on Sunday morning. Can’t wait!
Grace and Peace,