Happy Friday! Hope you’ve had a good week and have plans for a great weekend! Sounds like we’re going to warm up quite a bit – won’t that be wonderful? I’ve got some really good news later in this email, but I want to get to some other things first, so – here’s what’s happening this weekend at church:
- Tonight at 6:30 p.m. the Sunday School is sponsoring a Family Game Night in the Wesley Wing. Come and enjoy the fun! Bring your favorite games along with you!
- Tomorrow morning, our wonderful Prom Boutique will be open from 10 a.m. – 12 noon, so if you know of any young woman planning to attend the prom, send her over. There are tons of great dresses available!
- On Sunday, I’ll continue with my Lenten sermon series, “Were You There?” and this week we’ll hear about the Pharisee who confronted Jesus, and how the Pharisees were constantly trying to trap Jesus into saying something or doing something that would break the law. We’ll be treated to the music of Vanessa and Alan Foskey, and of course, our Chancel Choir.
- Sunday is also UMCOR Sunday (formerly known as One Great Hour of Sharing Sunday). We’ll receive the UMCOR Sunday special offering, which goes to the costs of running UMCOR (our denomination’s disaster relief agency). Our church has given very generously to this offering every year in the past, in fact, we’re one of the leading churches in our conference in terms of giving to it. In the past few years, we’ve given well over $12,000. So I hope we can do that again this year. There were special offering envelopes in last Sunday’s bulletin for you to use this week, but if you weren’t in worship last week, you can simply write a check. Make it out to Elkton UMC and write UMCOR on the memo line. Please give as generously as you can.
- Also just a quick reminder that we’re still asking for donations of individually wrapped candy for the Easter Egg hunt that’s coming up in a couple of weeks. There is a bin across from the Welcome Center to receive your donations.
- On Tuesday night, March 28th, the Cecil County Choral Society will present their spring concert in our sanctuary at 7:30. It’s called “Believe,” so I invite you to come and be inspired by this wonderful group. Invite friends and family to come along with you. It’s going to be a great night of music.
- Next Sunday, April 2nd, we’ll be having our next New Member Orientation Class at 12:15 pm in Room 1, so if you’re interested in learning more about our church or becoming a member, you’re invited! Lunch is provided, as is childcare if needed. To register, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 410-398-0933.
Well, now that you’ve read all of the “what’s happening” information, here’s the unbelievably good news I told you I’d share with you! This week, a long-time friend of our church gave a very substantial gift for our new organ. Because of this gift, and taking into account the $2125 that is still to come through pledges, I am so pleased to tell you that we will have the money we need to both pay for the new organ and the costs associated with its installation!!! Yay!!!!!!! Thanks so much to all who gave so generously (and those who will still give to fulfill their pledge) to this exciting project of our church! Together, we’ve made beautiful music which now turns into beautiful music from our new organ! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Have a wonderful Friday, and a fabulous weekend. Enjoy the warm weather, find some time for yourself even while getting all your weekend chores done, spend time with those you love, and then I’ll see you in worship on Sunday morning! Can’t wait!
Grace and Peace,