Happy Friday! Hope you’ve had a great week, and especially a good Valentine’s Day. Mine actually turned out to be pretty funny. Earlier in the week I was at Camp Pecometh for several days conducting ordination interviews with the Board of Ordained Ministry, and one evening, on the phone with my sister, we arranged to have Valentine’s Day dinner with she and her husband, and Mom and me at Texas Roadhouse (we had gift cards to use!). So, last evening arrived, I picked up Mom and headed off to the restaurant. We got there and, of course, it was packed! So, to keep from wandering aimlessly around the place looking for Susan and Bob, I texted her to see if they had arrived. “Yes,” she said, they had. “Where are you?” I texted back. “Waiting out front.” And in that moment, I had a sinking feeling, and texted back, “Please tell me you’re at the Texas Roadhouse in Middletown.” I won’t tell you the word she texted back, but suffice it to say that she and Bob were at the Texas Roadhouse in Bear! So Mom and I had a nice dinner in Middletown and they had a cozy dinner for two in Bear, and that’s how Valentine’s Day went for me! Oh, the best laid plans . . .
Anyway, I hope you had a good day yesterday, and are having a good one today, and have plans for a great weekend. Here’s what’s happening at the church:
- On Sunday, I’ll offer the second sermon in my series about Moses, this week dealing with God’s call on his life and his reluctance to answer that call. We’ll be treated to lots of good music as the Bell Choir, Laurie Ruth and the Chancel Choir will all offer their talents during worship.
- At 12:15 pm, a New Member Orientation Class will be held for anyone interested in joining our church. We’ve got a good number of people signed up already, but there’s always room for more – so, if you’re interested in attending, just come down to Weldin Hall and join us!
- A reminder that we’re still receiving registrations for this year’s Men’s Retreat. The retreat will be held on Saturday, March 16th in Weldin Hall, and all men of the church (and their friends) are invited to attend. Brochures containing all the details about the retreat are available on the Welcome Center. Cost is $25/person and scholarship money is available, if needed.
- Speaking of men, the February Men’s Breakfast takes place this coming Wednesday, February 20th at 6:30 am at Cracker Barrel. All men of the church are invited to take part. There is no sign-up needed – just show up for the fun, food and fellowship.
- Also, looking ahead further into next week, on Friday, February 22nd at 6:30 pm the Classic Christians (age 50 and over) will meet. Their evening will start with a potluck dinner and then continue on in a night of 50s/60s music and dancing. Sign up to participate on the sheet across from the Welcome Center. (By the way, if you like 50s/60s music but you’re not a Classic Christian yet, come anyway – we don’t check IDs!)
I think that’s it for now. Have a great day, and an even greater weekend! Sounds like the weather’s going to be okay now for a few days, so enjoy it while you can. The middle of next week sounds like it could get dicey again – oh well, spring’s going to come eventually! Anyway, have a good weekend. Try to find some time to put your feet up for a while, spend time with those you love, and then I’ll see you in worship on Sunday morning! Can’t wait!
Grace and Peace,